Welcome to fundraising! It’s going to be great. But actually, we know that fundraising can sometimes be daunting, scary, embarrassing, awkward, and nerve-wracking. We do it all the time! We’ve learned some really valuable things along the way and we want to share those lessons with you so that this process can be life-giving, not soul-sucking. Here you will find links to videos on how to approach specific people, telling your story on social media, other creative options, and most importantly, saying thank you. We know you can do it, and we want to give you all the tools you need to succeed. You got this!
Here are a few things to know about making donations:
1. Kaleidoscope is a registered non-profit organization. This means any donation made is tax deductible.
2. Donors can write a check to Kaleidoscope and mail it to P.O. Box 1520 New York, NY 10021. Please include a separate note designating who the donation is for.
3. Donors can also visit www.kldscp.org/donate. Make sure to add a note or comment designating who the donation is for.
4. Please be aware that Kaleidoscope is charged a small fee for every donation made through our website. For example, if a friend donates $100 towards your trip, our website host will keep 2.9% of that. Therefore you will receive $96.80. There is no fee for processing a written check.
5. If you raise an amount that exceeds the cost of the trip, you can be reimbursed for personal travel expenses such as travel to New York, taxis, luggage fees, etc. However, you MUST provide a receipt for reimbursement! Legally, we are not allowed to reimburse personal travel expenses without proof of purchase.